Deck Renovation Services in Morris County NJ
If you’re looking for a beautiful deck for your home that will be built to last, we’ve got you covered at PROTECH Home Improvements. A deck is a great way of transforming your outdoor property into a space where you can relax and entertain your friends and family. Finding a contractor you can truly trust when it comes to quality and customer services is important, however. This is why you want to make PROTECH Home Improvements your first choice.
Our Deck Services:
- Deck design
- Deck construction
- Deck repair & restoration
- Deck framing
- Wood decking
- Vinyl decking
- Composite decking
Vinyl Decking is a reliable, low maintenance, weather resistant, pest resistant, and highly durable alternative to traditional wood decks.
Both hollow and solid vinyl is used for decking, with solid products providing a similar appearance to natural wood.
The benefits of Vinyl Decks include:
Highly customizable with various colors and styles
Low maintenance and easily cleaned
Will not splinter or warp
Lower cost over the lifespan of the deck
Composite Decking combines the beauty of real wood with the performance of modern decks.
Composite Decking is made of materials such as ground-up wood, shredded recycled plastic, and recycled fibers. This material creates a strong finished product that comes with a pre-finished surface.
Benefits of Composite Decks:
Durable and long lasting
Require little maintenance and easily washable
Closely resemble appearance of real wooden decks
Environmentally friendly- Every 10 square feet of composite deck contains nearly 3,000 recycled plastic shopping bags or 1,100 milk jugs
Wood Decking is the most popular type of deck because of the classic and natural beauty of wood. With various types of wood, different colors and designs can be created to make your deck one of a kind.
Benefits of Wood Decks:
- Very durable when regularly maintained
- Lower material cost than other decks
- Highly customizable
- Can be natural wood, stained, or painted
Decks tend to sustain normal wear and tear over time while being exposed to high and low temperatures and various seasonal elements. With proper maintenance, you should be able to enjoy your new deck for many years. PROTECH Home Improvements can inspect and evaluate your deck and advise if we can repair it or if it needs a new installation.
Upon hiring PROTECH Home Improvements to repair your deck, we will:
- Check for any loosened nails, and reinstall or replace them with dipped galvanized or stainless steel screws that are made to withstand the elements.
- Reinforce loose deck and stair railings, sand splintered areas, and plane raised board edges smooth. We’ll also replace rotted or cupped deck boards.
- Check that the deck, especially a high one, has not pulled away from the house. The point of connection, the ledger board, should be securely fastened to the house framing.
- Clean debris accumulations from between deck boards. Doing so will promote better drainage, stop rot, and reduce mildew.
- Clean decking with a biodegradable detergent and a pressure washer. We will set the pressure low enough to avoid any splintering of the decking surface.
- Refinish wood decking with semi-transparent or solid stains, or with deck or porch paint. Note: This doesn’t need to be done every year. Every two or three years is fine.
- Prune or remove excess vegetation that’s growing around the deck to promote better air circulation and prevent the growth of mold and mildew.
If you’re in need of deck restoration, repair, or remodeling the experts home improvement contractors at PROTECH Home Improvements are here to help. No matter how perfectly deck installation services are performed, it’s natural for there to be a certain amount of wear and tear over time. To make sure your deck is capable of providing enjoyment for many years to come, it’s important to find a reputable source for deck repair services. This is where our trained experts come in. We offer a large selection of deck restoration services to make sure the construction is secure as well as ensuring your deck looks the best it can.